My Instagram Photos

15 September 2014

Newspapers and Bulletins Good vs Bad news

 Have you read or watched the news lately? I dont watch the news on tv much anymore, I think I last saw it 4 or 5 weeks ago. I do every few days check on the news on the web, read a few of the eye catching headlines.
 
 

Honestly being up to date with the news is pretty miserable. The headlines on my news feed recently have been "Male Teacher paid boy for sex" (ugh), "Gambia allowed to jail gays for life" (finally some country is doing something about the gay epidemic, yes I am VERY anti-gay), "Bomb rips through packed Chile station" (glad I wasnt their, but hopelessly sorry for those who were), Ebola outbreak worsens (goodness I hope it never gets to us), "Oscar Pistorius" (yeah well thats a whole blog post on its own, right?), another "Royal Baby" (who cares?), and numerous other stories.

I cannot stand to try and dwell on these. They are the truth that is the world we live in nowadays. I check the news now and again so as to know what is happening in the world around us, but I dont enjoy it. There are much better things to dwell on in life.
Its not that I'm trying to be like the proverbial ostrich who sticks his head in the ground and thinks the danger does not exist (FYI, ostriches dont actually do that, its a myth), no, I just choose to focus on what truly matters.
Why do I want to care about another sports star who let the fame and fortune to get to his head? He's an idiot for doing what he did, and his dead girlfriend is an idiot for sticking around with him for that long. I dont blame the victim, and I never will. Fact is a victim is still a victim. But at the same time, I cannot understand a woman who is in an abusive relationship and does not tell anyone and does not get out.

Or how about the Teacher who paid for sex with his male students, how can people expect to stop that from happening when they are legalizing same-sex marriages?  So, at least I am female and dont need to worry about that, plus there is nothing I can do about it. And if I do dwell on it, I want to throw up.

And as far as a royal baby goes, everyone looks at the royals with all their glitz and glamour and wants to be them, but honestly, who wants to be in the public eye 24/7? Being literally stalked just because you are a somebody, and not even a somebody that did anything to become a somebody (at least actors, politicians and the like worked their way to the top) but just being a somebody because you were born that way? And dont forget that 90% of those who are constantly watching you are not rooting for you, but are rather just sitting there waiting for you to take a false step and then to immortalize that. No thank you! 

In the end, all of it spells out one thing, it spells out that we are living in the last days of this wicked world as prophesied by Jesus in Matthew chapter 24 and especially the moral decay of people as described by the Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy chapter 3. The good news is that there is soon going to be an end to all of these disgusting things, not only that but also that God does not appreciate these bad things and if those who are doing these things do not change, they will not survive. The best thing though is that very very soon the entire world will be restored to a paradise and all these "former things" (the terrible and horrendous acts by human moral decay) will "not be called to mind".


So tell me this, why should I dwell on all those negative things, on the bad news, when I have thebest news out! In fact I have such good news that I am happy to go out and tell others about it. Find out more for yourself by heading over to www.jw.org

No comments: