My Instagram Photos

07 July 2014

My After Armageddon List (note, not Bucket List)

Many people have a "Bucket List", its a list of things that they wish to do before they "Kick the bucket", although its a bit macabre, I understand why they do it. Life seems fleeting, life seems short, and each and every human being has dreams and hopes, things they want to do, places they want to see, and yet we seem to have a time limit. Therefore people create this bucket list of things they really want to do, and away they go to try and experience it all before they die.

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I personally have a hope of living forever on earth! I know that the world as we know it has indeed got a very limited time frame, but the promise that the bible has for our future, the promises that it has of living forever are oh so exciting!

Its not that I dont want to do exciting and fun things! But rather that I realize that there is an urgent need to help people in this world, as there are far too many people that have no hope. And without hope and a future, what are we really?
I wish to follow Jesus' command to his disciples at Matthew 28:19,20  
Matthew 28:19,20

and because I honestly believe that the time left to do this is very short, I have chosen NOT to do everything I know I could try to do now. 
I have chosen rather to have what I call my AA list, an AFTER ARMAGEDDON list. Because then we will have all the time in the world, and the perfect health to enjoy doing these exciting activities. It will be safe, and peaceful, so no one will worry.

What sort of things have reached my After Armageddon list?

  • Travel the world on foot (or on the back of an elephant)
  • Learn to scuba dive
  • Become a science buff and invent something new
  • Learn to ski
  • Invent a safe way to do sky diving and paragliding and then go sky diving and paragliding
  • Learn to fly
  • Start surfing
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Explore the Greek islands
  • Grow roses
  • Dance in the rain during a lightening storm
  • See the northern lights
  • Sleep under the stars - without a tent
  • Have a pet lion
  • Swim in the carribean
  • Watch an avalanche (from a safe vantage point)
  • Visit a volcano
  • Become an artist
  • Become a beach bum for a year 
  • Live in a cave behind a waterfall
  • Build a tree house like Swiss family Robinson
  • Meet Noah, Abraham and Moses (from times of long ago)

Really, my list could go on forever, and indeed I will be doing fun things forever.

Do you have an After Armageddon list?
If you do, please comment below and tell me what some of your list includes.


If you think this is pure craziness that I hope to live forever, visit www.jw.org and request a free bible study, or speak to any one of Jehovah's Witnesses and ask them why we think that living forever is a sure hope.

screen shot off of JW.org - go check out the worlds best website!


No comments: